Android users are nowadays facing an issue of ad pops up when I unlock my phone. This ad notification is very random and surprising. It is making the users very frustrated as they can’t even find a way to everytime I unlock my phone an ad pops up error. In this article, we will discuss why ads pop up when unlocking phone and then further we will discuss the solution for ad pops up when I unlock my phone.
Why Ad Pops Up When I Unlock My Phone?
The main reason due to which this error of everytime I unlock my phone an ad pops up is because of a non trusted app being downloaded in the device. These untrusted apps can infect your Android device and make ads to show up from nowhere. This is the reason why ads pop up when unlocking phone. Now, lets see the solution to this problem.
4 Easy Ways To Fix Everytime I Unlock My Phone An Ad Pops Up Error
1. Clear Your Browsing Data
Clearing your browsing data can resolve the issue as sometimes the browser automatically grants permission to some websites to send ad notifications. Here is how to use this method:
- Go to your Browser > History > Settings
- Select Clear Browsing Data (tick every box including cookies and cache) & Press on Clear Data
- Once done, ads will stop popping up on your device.
2. Use An App To Block Ads
You can download an app to stop ads pop up when unlocking phone. There are a lot of ad blocking apps available on Play Store which you can use. Just go to Play Store and download the adblocker with best reviews. This will surely fix the issue of ads you are facing.
3. Check And Remove the App Causing Trouble
In this method, you will have to check if any app is causing ads to appear in your Android device. Follow these steps to do it:
- Press and hold Power button on your Android device
- After that press and hold power off option on screen when it appears
- Now, your Android device will run in safe mode
- If the ads are not running then its a good sign as 3rd party apps don’t run in safe mode
- If the ads are still running, you should move to 4th method
- Now go back to normal mode by restarting your Android device
- Delete the 3rd party apps one by one until the ads stop showing up (Before deleting you can also go to Play Store and check their reviews and see if other people have complained about this issue as well)
Using this method will fix the issue of everytime I unlock my phone an ad pops up for sure.
4. Factory Reset Your Device
This is the last method if nothing works for you. You can reset everything on your device by factory resetting your Android device. Here is how to do it:
- Go to Settings > System > Reset Options > Erase all data (factory reset)
- After that click on Reset Phone
- Once done, your phone will reset and the issue everytime I unlock my phone an ad pops up will be resolved
This was the complete article on fixing ad pops up when I unlock my phone error. One of these 4 methods will surely work for you and if not, you can tell us in the comments. We will surely help you to fix the error. I hope this article was helpful to you.