When we talk about installing apps to work smartly on computers, we are probably talking about productivity apps. When we are working, we want to get things done in a timely and organized manner.
Advice about gaining better productivity can fill libraries; however, there’s no one-size-fits-all concept. The app that helps you stay connected with your colleagues might not play any role in accomplishing the project in time.
Some productivity apps can help you manage your to-do lists to let you focus on the priority tasks, while others can help you automatically manage your rapidly growing mailbox. Based on your productivity goals, you can pick the right application for you and keep your work aligned.
What Is Productivity Software?
Before covering productivity software, let’s first discuss what productivity is. Simply put, productivity is a measure of effort or input over output. When productivity increases, efficiency also increases, which means better output, more goods, more money.
So, what do you want to achieve by being more productive? Is it about achieving something professionally by using your time in a valuable way? In a broader way, productivity can be accomplishing tasks efficiently to leave the office on time to spend more time with family.
Considering the personal and professional goals of an individual, productivity software can be defined as an application that makes your tasks easier and more efficient. The right productivity software can help you achieve your goals and reach your deadlines proficiently.
In this article, we are going to list some of the top productivity and time management apps to help you pick the right one based on your specific goals. If your system is running out of space, you can identify and uninstall clutter to get extra free storage on the hard drive.
An uninstaller app is also a productivity app that simplifies your task to delete apps and associated files from the computer. These apps locate the redundant and outdated apps, find support files and caches, move them to the trash, and delete them permanently from the computer. If you want, you can find more info on these cleanup utility tools and get one for yourself.
Let’s move to the list of productivity apps that help you manage your tasks and stay connected with your colleagues, even from remote locations.
Todoist helps you manage your to-do list so that you can handle complex tasks in an easily manageable manner. It enables you to keep track of your tasks and make sure that you finish each of them on time. Using Todoist, you can complete your to-do list and schedule other tasks on the basis of priority. Key features of Todoist include:
- Task Management: Feature-rich and user-centric interface allows you to create and manage your daily tasks, no matter how long the list is.
- Project Goals: Considering the tasks that you need to achieve and the intensity of work, you can set your project goals to keep things in line.
- Prioritize Tasks: Prioritize your tasks to get the most important work done first and schedule them accordingly from Monday through Friday.
- Reports: Todoist’s reporting and measurement features allows you to keep track of your tasks and projects and enable you to stay organized.
Trello is an easy-to-use project management app that helps teams to collaborate. Based on the Kanban board theory, the platform holds a visual layout originating from Japan. The instant messaging feature allows teams to collaborate and communicate right from anywhere. Key features of Trello’s include:
- To-do Lists: Create and manage your to-do lists, schedule dates, assign them to team members and keep track of them throughout.
- Instant Messaging: Communications and interactions are keys to make any project a success; so, keep in touch with your teammates in real-time to discuss tasks.
- Dashboard: Trello boards are the place where you can create your lists of cards and manage tasks or to-do lists according to your schedule.
- Work Virtually: You can work with anyone from around the world by inviting them to your workspace.
Slack is a great messaging and collaboration platform designed for remote workers. Channels are used for instant messaging, and team members can receive messages and notifications relevant to them. There are separate threads that allow the team members to chat outside of the work-related topics, and these messages do not interfere with the project-centric conversations. Key features of the Slack include:
- Instant Messaging: Real-time chat integration allows for seamless collaboration among team members across the globe.
- File-Sharing: Easy, drag and drop file sharing allows teammates to share images, PDFs, videos, documents, etc., efficiently.
- Screen Sharing: Team members can share their screens and present their work to others for seamless collaboration.
- Voice & Video Calls: Voice and video call from within Slack similar to Google Meet, Zoom, or similar apps.
If you find it difficult to download or use any application on your computer, ask your friend to assist you using a remote desktop app like TeamViewer, AnyDesk, Zoho Assist, etc.