If you are a Cricket Wireless customer looking to cricket exceed login or cricket selfserve, you have come to the right place. This blog post will provide step-by-step instructions on how to log in to your account and manage your self serve cricket wireless service. We will also show you how to reset your password if you have forgotten it. So whether you are looking for information on how to change your plan or add a new line of service, we have you covered!
We will use a Smartphone (i.e., iPhone 5) running on Android KitKat for this blog post. Once you open the app, log in as you normally would to cricket selfserve or log in to exceed.
- Go to the My Account menu screen and then navigate to self serve cricket wireless/How Phones are Sold/How Phones are Served
- Select the “C” icon next to your wireless plan number
- Select the “C” icon next to your cricket exceed login
- Select the “C” icon that reads “Change Auto-Pay Information/How Phones are Served” on the following screen. Beyond login or cricket selfserve, you’ll be able to perform things like update your plan or add a new service line or device via cricket.
Figure 1: shows how to access Exceed and Self-Serve:
- If you want to submit a security key, Click submit to the next screen.
- After login, you can avail self-serve or exceed.
Figure 2: Enter Security Key to Login To Exceed or Self-Serve (if you select Auto-Pay, you will have to enter your credit card information)
- Select the “C” icon next to “Get started,” and then select the “C” icon next to your service plan number.
How do I add a new line of service?
To add a new service line, please go to the “self serve cricket wireless” icon next to your current line number and select that option. On that screen, enter your security key and then submit. Next, you will be able to change your plan or add a new line or device.
How do I view my billing history?
You can view your billing history by going to the “C” icon next to your wireless plan number and selecting the “C” icon next to your service line. On that screen, select the “C” icon next to “View Invoices/Recycle Bin (if applicable).”
Do you want to change my email address?
You cannot change your email address because your wireless account is tied to the email address you provided when you originally signed up for an account with self serve cricket wireless.
What is a security key?
A security key is a 6-digit number that provides an added layer of protection when accessing sensitive information on any website that requires it. The security key also acts as an alternate form of authentication that Cricket Wireless recommends if you are concerned about someone accessing your account by guessing or knowing your password.
How do I view my voicemail?
For checking your voicemail, please go to the “C” icon next to your wireless account number and select that option. You will need to cricket exceed login to enter your security key and then select the “C” icon next to “View Voicemail (if applicable).”