Does your discord stuck on checking for updates every single time you try to update it? In this article you will learn how to stop the discording updating forever issue.
What is Discord?
Discord is a voice and chat application on the internet where people can interact with their friends while playing games, etc. It offers plenty of features which suits everyone and not just gaming. For example, customized servers, personalized pages and integrations are a part of discord.
However, it does have issues sometimes such as the discord checking for updates and getting stuck issue where it takes forever to update. Let us look at the solutions to avert this problem.
4 Ways To Fix Discord Updates Issue
1. Examine the discord servers
The discord stuck on checking for updates can happen when the discord servers themselves are down. This happens when there are technical issues. You can search for discord downtime status to check if it is down only for you or everyone else too.
2. Give discord administrator privileges
When discord checking for updates gets stuck, giving administrator privileges to the discord client is one of the most common steps one can take to fix the issue. To fix the discord updating forever issue and give the app admin privileges, follow these steps:
- Exit the discord app completely.
- Click Windows Icon + S and bring up discord.
- Right click on it and select the “run as administrator” option.
- Discord gets administrator privileges and the discord updating forever issue will vanish.
3. Restart the computer and the router
If the previous method did not work to fix discord stuck on checking for updates then follow these steps:
- Restart your PC > Once the PC reboots, and the error discord stuck on checking for updates pop up, Switch off the router and disconnect the cables.
- Leave it be for a few minutes > Then connect the cables and switch it on.
- Once the internet connection is back check if you are still facing the discord stuck on checking for updates issue.
4. Turn off the antivirus
Downloaded update files might sometimes be misidentified by Windows Defender as dangerous software or viruses. As a result, turn it off for the time being and update Discord to see whether the issues persist. Follow these steps which might fix discord checking for updates forever problem.
- To open the search bar, press Windows key + S and type “settings”.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click on “Update & Security”.
- Select “Windows Security” > “Virus & Threat Protection” from the drop-down menu.
- Look for “manage settings” and click it.
- Disable real-time protection and turn it off.
Disabling the antivirus will fix the discord updating forever issue.
The discord checking for updates can happen for a variety of reasons which can be hard to comprehend in the beginning. But, by following these methods , you can fix the discord checking for updates issue and use discord normally.