Fans of dark mode can finally rejoice! This is because, people who use products such as Google Docs, Google Slides and Google sheets can now access a brand new feature. This feature allows users to use the dark mode on all of these apps. Why is the dark theme useful? Let me tell you that dark mode allows users to save their device’s battery. It is also easy on the eyes especially during the night. This way, when users work during late hours, their eyes will not hurt. This guide will tech you on how to make google docs dark mode on the desktop and your handheld device.
Google Doc Dark Mode: How to enable it on Android?
Since this is a brand new feature, do not expect to immediately see it on your Android device. These are the steps on to enable google doc dark mode:
- Open Google Docs on your android device.
- Click on the 3 dots from top right corner.
- Click on view dark theme option to enable the google doc dark mode.
Google docs dark mode: How to enable it on IOS?
Follow these easy steps below to use Dark mode:
- If you don’t already have Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets on your iOS device, head to the App Store and download them.
- Users will need to enable Smart Invert on their iOS device before they can use the Google docs dark mode.
- To enable Smart Invert go to the settings menu.
- Choose Accessibility.
- Click on Display & Text size.
- Toggle Smart invert option
When you exit Settings and open any of your favorite Google applications, you’ll see that the theme has changed.
How To Make Google Docs Dark Mode On The Desktop?
While using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides on the desktop or laptop, here there is no official way on how to make google docs dark mode. Even so, you can make these aforementioned apps operate in dark mode by changing a few settings in Chrome or Firefox. Follow these steps to activate google doc dark mode:
- On your PC, open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and type this: chrome:/flags/#enable-force-dark in the address bar.
- From Toggle menu switch to Enabled from default.
- Restart Google Chrome or the Mozilla Firefox browser after enabling this option.
As you can see, using dark mode for Google Docs and other services from the Google Suite is very easy. It has its benefits too since it is easy on the eyes and is useful if you are working late hours in the night. Users just have to follow the steps mentioned for respective devices. Hopefully this answers queries on how to enable google docs dark mode.