If your iphone power button not working, you might be wondering how to fix it. iPhones are expensive and can take some time to get fixed in the shop if they need repair, so you want to make sure you know what might cause this issue. The power button can become unresponsive due to liquid damage or because of dropped or slammed phones. If none of these issues apply and the problem persists, in this article we will let you know how to fix the iPhone lock button not working.
Why is the lock button on iphone not working?
There are many reasons your power button not working. They are:
- Your phone case may be too tight. Loose cases usually help your phone power button without any problems.
- Some cases have a cover that covers the buttons (such as the home button, volume buttons, and mute switch). If you accidentally hit one of these when your phone is in your pocket, it can cause damage to the power button.
- Sometimes water damage can occur if you keep your phone in a small case for extended periods. Make sure to always put your phone in a waterproof case when it is not being used.
- A drop or a collision can in some cases cause the lock button on iPhone not working issue.
So what are the situations when iphone power button not working?
In case you dropped your iPhone by accident or you were unlucky enough to face a water damage situation, don’t worry! You can always fix the problem by following simple instructions.
All you need to do to fix the iphone power button not working is to follow these steps:
Check and clean the Power button
- Remove that tight case that is covering the power button
- Use a cotton bud to clean the power button
- Check the dirt inside the power button
- If you have a toothpick, you can use it to clean the power button. Just try to be careful and don’t break your phone’s screen. The main goal of this process is to remove lint or debris that may be stuck in the buttons.
After cleaning the power button, check the screen and see if it stops responding to touches. If yes, then reconnect your iPhone to a charger and see if this resolves the issue of the lock button on iPhone not working.
Check the software issue if it has
- If the power button is not responding on your iPhone, you may want to try updating the software. You can check this by going to general settings -> software update -> checks for updates.
- Another fix for this issue is to go to general settings and iTunes update, if you see an update notification then update it.
- If all these steps fail to improve the power button, then you may want to update your software and/or reinstall your iOS.
If you have faced these kinds of “iPhone lock button not working” issues, simply try to protect your iPhone from being damaged, and make sure to use a protective case. Although it will cost you more money, this way you can avoid multiple iPhone lock button not working issues in the future. For the lock button on iPhone not working problem, you can visit the service center in serious condition.
This was the complete article on iPhone power button not working fix. I hope you found this article helpful. If you are still facing any issues then let us know in the comments down below.