A bug has been reported by many PUBG (Player Unknown Battle Ground) players. Before they get to the menu scene, they get a “Failed to initialise STEAM” error. Because of the error, they are unable to play their game. And this is quite inconvenient. The good news is there is nothing to worry about. Using these methods, we can easily fix the player unknown battlegrounds failed to initialize steam issue. Let us take a look:
Method 1: Force restart Steam
It is possible that the ‘pubg failed to initialise steam’ issue might be caused by a problem with your Steam client. To resolve the issue, you will have to force restart Steam. This is how you can do it:
- To launch Task Manager, simultaneously press the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys on your keyboard.
- Select Processes from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click each Steam and PUBG process, then select End Task/End Process from the menu that appears.
- Relaunch the Steam client and verify if the player unknown failed to initialize steam issue is fixed.
Method 2: Give Steam administrator privileges to run it
Sometimes, Steam fails to initialize due to privilege issues. To resolve this, you must give Steam admin privileges.
- Go to where your Steam is installed (by default, it’s C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam or C:/Program Files/ Steam) > open File Explorer (hit the Windows logo key and E on your keyboard at the same time).
- Run as administrator by right-clicking Steam or Steam.exe.
- Launch PUBG and verify if the pubg failed to initialize steam has been resolved or not.
Method 3: Update the device’s drivers
Outdated or malfunctioning device drivers are another typical source of the ‘pubg failed to initialise Steam’ issue. As a result, you should update your device drivers to see if this resolves your issue. You can do this by accessing the control panel and looking for device manager. Once you are there you can perform a manual check to check for outdated drivers and then install it. This would fix player unknown failed to initialize steam issue.
Method 4: Disable the full screen optimization settings for the PUBG Game.
The player unknown battlegrounds failed to initialize steam issue may even occur because of the full screen optimization. This feature in Microsoft Windows boosts the game’s performance. It should be noted that it can even cause stability issues. To fix this:
- Navigate to where your Steam is installed (by default, it’s C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/or C:/Program Files/Steam) > go to steamapps/common/TslGame/BinariesWin64/ in File Explorer (hit the Windows logo key and E on your keyboard at the same time).
- Right click TslGame and then Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab, select the box for Disable fullscreen optimizations, and then OK. This will resolve the error “pubg failed to initialize steam”.
As you can see, the player unknown battlegrounds failed to initialize steam can be caused by a variety of reasons thus causing inconvenience for players to play the game. However, with these simple to follow methods, players can easily resolve the player unknown battlegrounds failed to initialize steam issue and get back to gaming immediately.