Vbs:malware-gen in Windows 10/8/7 a worm or we can say a virus which spreads with the help of corrupter websites and media updates. What makes this virus dangerous is it can send peroneal information such as credit card numbers and passwords to servers which are rouge. This virus can also disable the antivirus your are using on its own. Also, vbs:malware-gen can disable the web browser you are using.
In this article, we have added 3 different ways to fix vbs malware-gen windows in 10/8/7. You will have to follow a few manual steps which are quite easy to remove vbs malware gen.
3 Methods To Fix Vbs:malware-gen
1. Delete Your Files
Follow the steps below to use this method to fix vbs malware gen:
- Search for vbs:malware-gen in the search box
- Delete all the files which appear in the search box which consists of vbs:malware-gen
- Once done, restart your computer and error vbs:malware-gen in windows 10/8/7 will be fixed
Note: make sure you delete all the fixes which consisting of vbs:malware-gen in the search box.
2. Ending Processes
In this method you will have to end the processes consisting of vbs malware-gen using task manager. Follow the steps below to use this method:
- Press CTRL + Shift + Esc, task manager will open
- Make sure you are under Process tab
- Find vbs:malware-gen > Right click on it > Click on End Task
- The issue vbs:malware-gen in windows 10/8/7 will be fixed.
3. Deleting Registry Entries
Follow the steps below to use this method:
- Search for Regedit
- Click on Registry Editor
- Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software
- Now, find vbs:malware-gen and delete it
- vbs malware worm will be removed
Read: Play Steam Games On Ps4
These were 3 easy methods to fix vbs:malware-gen in windows 10/8/7. You can try these methods one by one fix the issue of vbs malware gen. I hope you found this article helpful and was able to resolve the issue. If you still have any questions related to this problem, mention them in the comments. We will surely help you to fix it.