Void(document.oncontextmenu=null); is the reason due to which when you try to copy any kind of text from a website, you won’t be able to. Their are times when you find something useful and when you try to copy it from the website, nothing happens due to Void(document.oncontextmenu=null);. You try to right click quite a few times to copy the text and you won’t be able to do it.
The main reason behind this error is a lot of website owners disable clicking on their web pages to insure their is not stealing of content and no-one would be able to copy from their website. In this article, we have described how you can fix the error from the Void(document.oncontextmenu=null); in easy steps. We have added 5 methods to fix this error to re enable right click and allow you to copy the text from any website.
5 Ways To Fix Error In void(document.oncontextmenu=null); And Re enable Right Click To Copy Text
1. Put ‘void document oncontextmenu null’ in URL’s Bar
- Open the webpage from which you want to copy the content
- Put ‘void document oncontextmenu null’ at the end of URL in URL bar.
- Try to copy content from the website, you should be able to do it.
This should work for you but if for some reason it doesn’t you can move to the next method.
2. Try To Save The Page
- Click on the Menu Tab of your browser (for Google Crome it will be 3 dots in top right corner).
- Go to More Tools > Save Page As or you can simply press CTRL + S on any browser.
- Now select Webpage, HTML Only.
- Now open it again in the web browser and you will be able to copy content from that webpage.
This one works like magic and is one of the easiest methods to copy anything from any website.
3. Use A Plugin
There are a lot of plugin available in all of the browsers that you can use to re enable right click. Most of them work completely fine and you can use them to copy any content from a webpage. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to Plugins or extensions in your browser and search for copy text.
- Choose any plugin with good reviews and download it.
- Now use that plugin to copy any text from a webpage.
- You can use Supercopy plugin as I found it quite easy to use.
This one is also a very effective way to get rid of void(document.oncontextmenu=null); and copy text from any webpage.
- Go to browser menu (click on 3 dots on top right corner) > Go to Settings.
- Put the URL from which you want to copy content in Block.
- Copy from the website.
- Open New Tab > Type About Config.
- Copy from the website.
5. Go to Source Code
To use this method you use these simple steps:
- Open the URL you from which you want to copy content.
- Press CTRL+U.
- New tab will open with the URL Source.
- Press CRTL+F to find the text in source you want to copy.
- Copy the text easily.
These were 5 ways to re enable right click and copy text from any website. I hope this article was helpful to you and if you are still facing any issues, you can mention them in the comments. We would be happy to answer them.